- An estimated 2 million children, the majority of them girls, are sexually exploited in the multi-billion dollar commercial sex industry. (Source:UNICEF)
-Sexual exploitation of children occurs in every country in the world. Child prostitutes serve between 2 and 25 clients per day, meaning each child serves from 830 to 9,150 clients per year. These children are often drugged and develop drug and alcohol addictions.
" Child prostitution is not acceptable in any country. It is child abuse and illegal in all countries around the world. Children who are prostituted rarely go on to a normal life. They suffer long-term emotional, physical and social problems. Girls may have reproductive problems due to the immaturity of their bodies when they become sexually active. HIV and AIDS are also widely seen among prostituted children." (Source:ECPAT)
- Human trafficking generates an estimated $9.5 billion a year (source:UNICEF-www.unicef.org/media/media_39201.html)
- Children as young as 5 years old are sold into sexual slavery and forced to work in brothels. (Source: MSNBC-Children for sale-www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4038249)
- An estimated 300,000 children and adolescents are the victims of domestic trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation in the United States every year.(soucre:UNICEF-http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/usa_46464.html)
- Hundreds of thousands of children, some as young as 5 years old are being kidnapped, bought or sold as slaves for sex each year. Not only are they being stripped of their innocence at a young age, they are being stripped down and brutally raped each day. Young girls as young as 8 years old are sold to grown men and forced to perform oral sex and various sexual acts. Children Sex Slavery is the most horrifying kind of human exploitation possible. Can you imagine if this was your younger sister or yourself being forced to endure these sexual abuses?
OUR FIRST STEP
By simply raising awareness, we can make a great difference.
Please spread the word to your friends and community!
The 34-year-old Cambodian leads the AFESIP association, which rescues girls and young women from brothels in Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. She is separated from her husband and lives near Phnom Penh with her children: Melissa, 14, Adana, 9, and Nicolai, 3
"Trafficking in human persons is a horrific crime and should be combated with all the legal means and resources available," Bishop Wester said." The enactment of this legislation is another important step toward eradicating this scourge, both in the United States and globally."
Next to trafficking of money,drugs and guns, human trafficking is among the most profitable underground businesses in the world...
Every year, an estimated 4 millions women and girls are bought and sold worldwide... to be prostitutions, slavery or forced married... Who care about these girls?
Please follow the link below to have a look...
Who care about these girls?